Financial aid is available to assist UCI students in meeting the costs of attending Summer Session. UCI Summer Grant funds and Direct Loans will be available to those students who meet eligibility requirements.
2024 Session Dates
Session 1: Jun 24 – Aug 1
10-Week: Jun 24 – Aug 30
Session 2: Aug 5 – Sept 11
Financial aid is available to assist UCI students in meeting the costs of attending Summer Session. UCI Summer Grant funds and Direct Loans will be available to those students who meet eligibility requirements. To be eligible to receive financial aid, you must be attending UCI during the current academic year and plan to enroll in at least six units during the 2024 Summer Session. Note, some award packages require enrollment in more than six units. In addition, to be eligible, you must complete and submit a 2023-2024 FAFSA (not a 2024-2025 FAFSA). Separate from the FAFSA, students who wish to receive financial aid must also complete and finalize the Summer Session Financial Aid Application and any requested documents.
*Financial aid students are subject to all Summer Session deadlines.
Should your financial aid award change, you are responsible for all fees not covered by financial aid, including all non-refundable fees.
Financial Aid for the Summer 2024 term will become available mid-to-late March for UCI students. Please check the UCI Financial Aid website for further updates. For information on applying for summer financial aid and the types of aid available, visit www.ofas.uci.edu/Summer.
Changes in Enrollment
Any changes in enrollment, including dropping units or changing sessions may result in you being billed for funds received. If you withdraw from all Summer Session classes, you will be billed for the financial aid you received. You will still be responsible for paying the $190 (UC undergraduate) or $174 (UC graduate) non-refundable campus fee, and all other applicable non-refundable fees. Enrollment in additional classes or sessions will not increase your financial aid eligibility. Check with your financial aid counselor to find out how your enrollment change will affect your summer aid.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Room 102 Aldrich Hall.
Telephone: (949) 824-8262.
The State of California requires that you be told the following: Federal student loans are available to most students regardless of income and provide a range of repayment options including income-based repayment plans and loan forgiveness benefits, which other education loans are not required to provide.
Visiting UC Students
UC students studying at UCI during the summer must apply for and finalize Summer financial aid at their home campus. Students eligible for financial aid at their home UC campus may apply their aid to enrollment at UCI Summer Session. If you are receiving summer financial aid from your home UC campus and wish to defer course fee payment until your aid check is disbursed, you must submit the enrollment form via DocuSign. Indicate your status clearly on your enrollment form and submit it by DocuSign with payment for the mandatory non-refundable campus fee, eTech fee, and all other applicable non-refundable fees.
Be sure to follow-up with your home campus Financial Aid Office to finalize your summer aid and coordinate your disbursement prior to Summer Session. To maintain enrollment, you must submit the course fee payment by the deferment deadline communicated to you by UCI Summer Session. Should your financial aid award change, you are responsible for all fees not covered by financial aid. Financial aid students are subject to all Summer Session deadlines. For additional information about summer aid, please contact the Financial Aid office at your home campus.
Calendar of Events
Visit the Academic Calendar to see when our online schedule of classes will be available for upcoming quarters.
Helpful Hints – Financial Aid Guide
- Organize a file for all of student loan information and keep copies of all information you mail.
- Be aware of all deadline dates.
- Respond promptly to all correspondence from Summer Session’s Student Services Office/Office of the Registrar. Failure to respond can delay the processing of your loan.
- Promptly notify Summer Session’s Student Services Office/Office of the Registrar of any change of name, address or telephone number. All student loan correspondence will be mailed to the student’s current address on record in the Registrar’s Office.
- Be your own advocate. Ask questions. Summer Session’s Student Services staff would welcome hearing from you.
Applying for Summer Aid
What are the requirements to be eligible for Summer Financial Aid?
- Be admitted to UCI for Fall 2024 or be a continuing UCI student.
- Completed a 2023-2024 FAFSA.
- Enroll in a minimum of six(6) units during one session or a combination of Summer 1, Summer Session II, or 10-week session.
How do I apply for the Summer aid?
- Log into “My Aid” to submit a Summer Session Financial Aid Application
- Select the 2023-24 Academic Year
- Select “My Summer Aid Application”
- Follow the instructions to complete the application and authorize FA to send your aid estimate to Summer Session.
- After one business day, you can enroll in Summer Session courses.
- After an additional business day after enrollment, return to the Summer Aid Application and follow the instructions to finalize your aid.
- Complete your “My To Do List” to ensure that your financial aid will be processed.
- Unfinalized Aid can affect your fees.
- Log into “My Aid” to submit a Summer Session Financial Aid Application
What should I acknowledge?
- You will read the eligibility requirements for all funds awarded.
- You will review the breakdown of your estimated aid.
- You will enroll in summer units listed on my Summer application through UC Irvine Summer Session.
- You must complete all my courses with satisfactory grades. Satisfactory grades are Grades A, B, C, D, P (Pass) and (S) Satisfactory. All other grades will be considered as unsatisfactory.
- If you participate in any of the following programs – UC Cross Campus enrollment, Graduate, or Credential (TCP) –you will meet with a Financial Aid counselor to inquire about additional requirements.
- If you receive a UCI Grant, you must enroll and complete with satisfactory grades a minimum of eight (8) units during one session or a combination of the Summer Sessions I, II or 10-week sessions.
Enrollment & Course Changes
What should I do prior to making changes in my enrollment?
- Check with the Financial Aid Office to find out how your enrollment changes will affect your summer aid.
What will happen if I make changes to my enrollment?
- Any changes to your enrollment, including dropping below 8 units, changing sessions or withdrawing, will result in your financial aid being revised and possible billing for funds received.
- If you are dropping below 6 units, you will not be eligible for financial aid and will be billed for any course fees and any non-refundable fees such as the $190 (UC undergraduate) or $174 (UC graduate) non-refundable campus fee.
When should I notify the Financial Aid office regarding my course changes?
- If you drop one or more summer classes.
- If you withdraw from all Session I/10-week classes, you will need to notify the Financial Aid office if you intend to enroll for Session II.
How do I notify the Financial Aid office regarding my course changes?
- You will need to submit a Summer Status Form.
If I fail to meet one or more of the Satisfactory Academic Process requirements, will that affect my aid eligibility?
- You will lose your eligibility for all summer financial aid funding and may also be billed for part or all of the funds you received. You will be responsible for paying the $190 (UC undergraduate) or $174 (UC graduate) non-refundable campus fee and all other applicable non-refundable fees.
- Furthermore, you understand that the only way to restore your summer aid is to submit a SAP appeal and have that appeal approved.
If I am academically disqualified, will that affect my aid eligibility?
- You will no longer be eligible to receive financial aid and you will be required to repay any funds that you have received, including all fees paid to Summer Session back to the effective date of the disqualification.
If I graduate before the start of Summer term, will that affect my aid eligiblity?
- If you graduate before the start of Summer term, you will be billed for all summer aid received.
If my admission to UCI is rescinded, will that affect my aid eligibility?
- If your admission to UCI is rescinded, you will not be eligible to keep any of the financial aid awarded. You will be required to repay all funds, including all fees paid to Summer Session.
The Financial Aid office will:
- Base your final Pell, Cal and TEACH Grant eligibility on your enrollment for the Summer term as of 8/26/2022.
- Reserves the right to modify your financial aid award(s) at any time due to changes in your eligibility or changes in the availability of funds.
- Transfer your financial aid funds to the Student Billing System (SBS) for the purpose of paying fees/charges.
To get more information on summer budgets, types of aid, and special programs for the summer, you can visit the Financial Aid website.