The Arroyo Vista Housing community is located on the east side of the campus and offers summer housing contracts to students between 17 and 25 years of age, who are currently affiliated with UCI, enrolled in a summer session, or accepted for the Fall 2009 quarter. Students affiliated with UCI do not need to attend a summer session to live in Arroyo Vista during the summer, however, and may apply to live in either double or single occupancy rooms. Arroyo Vista Summer Housing features the following:
42 fully furnished houses of three different sizes (8, 12, and 16 room), complete with...
- Paid Utilities:
- Water and Electric are free
- Telephone service is available upon activation through AT&T/SBC at (800) 310-2355
- Fully Furnished Bedrooms:
- A bed, desk, chair, bookshelf, wardrobe, and under-the-bed drawers for each Resident (Students will need to provide their own linens). Please note that while the maximum occupancy per room is two residents, some rooms may have been converted to accommodate three residents during the academic year and therefore may have an extra set of furniture present.
- Cable TV Service
- Internet Access
- Coin-less/Card Operated Laundry Facilities
- Private Study Rooms
- Living Room with Cable TV and DVD player
- Full Size Kitchens
- Stove, Refrigerators, Microwaves and Pantry (Cookware, Dishes and Utensils, are not provided)
- Community style bathrooms/showers on each residential floor
- Housekeeping Service for all Public Areas (including bathrooms)
- Maintenance Service
* Residents must supply their own linens, bedding, toiletries, and cooking utensils.
In addition, Arroyo Vista also provides its residents with...
- Comfort and convenience; Each house accommodates a maximum of 16 residential bedrooms and is within walking distance to the Anteater Recreation Center (ARC), an Albertson’s grocery store, restaurants, U.S. Post office, Starbucks, banks, video store, and other retail shops.
- Live-In Staff Members in each House
- Access to the Community Center which includes:
- Reception Desk Services
- Mail Service
- Game Tables including a Pool and Foosball Tables
- Access to the AV Computer Lab (10 PCs) and a Photocopier
- Wireless internet access
- Access to two outdoor basketball courts and a sand volleyball court.
Summer housing applications are available online around May 1 (please visit http://www.housing.uci.edu/summer/ for the specific date). AV Summer Housing contracts are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students studying/living outside of the continental U.S. during the application period should check the website for specific submission deadline information.
Please note that during the summer months, housing facilities undergo significant maintenance and upgrades. AV is also undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation project to upgrade its facilities. While every effort is made to work around areas housing summer residents, services may be affected from time to time.
For more information, visit our website http://www.housing.uci.edu/av. If you prefer you may contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at (949) 824-3900.