We acknowledge the universality of implicit biases about various personal characteristics and are committed to preventing their influence on our school culture.
UCi Summer Session is committed to a culture of integrity, respect, equity, diversity, and inclusion for all. We acknowledge the universality of implicit biases about various personal characteristics (e.g., race, ethnicity, gender/sexuality, socioeconomic status, religion, ability) and are committed to preventing their influence on our school culture.
We, therefore, encourage collective reflection, self-awareness, and openness to change that advances inclusive excellence, and we support open and honest dialogue about our learning and working environments. As a School, we focus our efforts on producing members of the nursing profession who are knowledgeable, culturally sensitive, prepared to engage high-quality nursing practice and scholarship sensitive to diverse populations; and who will provide safe, effective, and nonjudgmental care to all.
- We acknowledge that we live and work on appropriated, unceded lands of the Kizh and Tongva people. 1
- We are committed to a workplace culture of excellence in integrity and respect.
- We promote diversity, inclusivity, and equity in all that we do, and we do not accept the
superiority of anyone based on any inherent characteristic.
- We commit to sustained investment in aligning our policies and practices with our
- We promote equitable conditions and safeguard diversity regardless of race, ethnicity,
gender, income, ability, or any other characteristic.
- We hold ourselves and our colleagues to the highest standards of character and ethical
- We encourage the comprehensive exchange of ideas and critiques as are warranted in
an academic environment.
- We respect and encourage honest dialogue among our affiliates and support the
creation of brave spaces in which we actively work to prevent acts of censorship,
silencing, and retaliation.
- We support an environment where constructive feedback is expected, appreciated, and
both delivered and received respectfully.
- We hold all members of our School accountable for their contributions to, and
influences on, our professional/academic environment and expect honesty and
transparency from each other and our organization.
- We respect individuals’ identities and personal beliefs, and do not judge any
contribution to our profession’s work by anything other than its scientific significance to the field.
1 See https://native-land.ca/
Ally & Awareness Resources
- AB540 Undocumented Student Ally Training
- ACTIVE Workshops
- ADVANCE Program for Equity & Diversity
- Diversity in Medicine
- Green Dot Bystander Intervention Program
- Inclusive Excellence Certificate Program
- Managing Distress in the University Community
- Safe Zone Training
- Veteran Services Center
- ZotAbility Ally Training
Services & Departments
- UCI CARE
- UCI Center for Black Cultures, Resources and Research
- UCI Counseling
- UCI Cross-Cultural Center
- UCI Disability Services Center
- UCI Diverse Educational Community & Doctoral Experience (DECADE)
- UCI DREAM Center
- UCI LGBT Resource Center
- UCI Veteran Services
- UCI Womxn’s Center (W-HUB)