Want to learn more?
Sign up for the Leadership Development Program mailing list!
UCI Summer Session offers current UCI undergraduate students the opportunity to develop leadership and mentorship skills through a formal Leadership Development Program. Program participants are known as Mentors. Through this hands-on experience, Mentors develop programmatic events, provide feedback on the interests and needs of current students, create a warm and engaging environment, and work alongside Summer Session Staff Leads to enhance the experiences of students in our summer programs. Read the remainder of this page for more information about program highlights, training, and expectations. We hope to work with you in our 2018 Leadership Development Program!
2017-2018 Important Dates
Leadership Development Program Info Booths
Ask questions about the Leadership Development Program and meet program staff and past participants.
|September 25, 2017
Anteater Involvement Fair, Aldrich Park
October 24 & 25, 2017
Ring Road near Starbucks at the Student Center
||October 29, 2017
*applicants will sign up for a group interview on their Application
|November 1 – 17, 2017
|Applicants notified about application status
||December 4 – 15, 2017
|Program Kickoff Event: “Spread Your Wings!”
||January 27, 2018
|REQUIRED weekly meetings, 1.5 hour each
||January thru May* 2018
Every Wednesday, 4pm-5:30pm
*No meetings during finals weeks and spring break. See the “How to Apply” section for info on time commitment
|Celebrate UCI event
|Summer Kickoff Event: Dinner & Mentor Presentations
Summer Session Programs in Progress
The Summer Session program participants (your “mentees”!) arrive to UCI in June and all of your training and mentor preparation will be put into action!
|June 23 – September 14, 2018
|Closing Event & Presentation of Certificates of Completion
||September 5, 2018
- Earn a Certificate of Completion at the end of the program signed by the Associate Dean of UCI Summer Session
- Receive complimentary training and certification in CPR & First Aid conducted by American Red Cross.
- Act as liaison to all program participants, excite summer students about joining the UCI community, and create a warm, welcoming, and friendly energy at all program events. Mentors have the opportunity to supplement their experience by becoming Marketing Liaisons, who plan campus-wide summer events! Learn more in the “Training Overview” under the How to Apply section.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: October 29, 2017
Are you a returning Mentor? If you would like to apply for a Lead Mentor position, please send an email to email@example.com to receive important information. Do not fill out the application on this page.
TO-DO BEFORE YOU APPLY:
- PLEASE READ the Training Overview
- PLEASE READ the Required Time Commitment
- Prepare your resume (you may wish to visit the Career Center for guidance).
- Take a simple headshot photo of yourself; instructions are provided on the application.
- Apply to be a mentor in the 2018 Summer Session Leadership Development Program*
*By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the information in the Training Overview and the Required Time Commitment documents above.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Summer Session Student Life & Leadership Office located in Summer Session Building A, room 101 (building #231 on the campus map).